ARC Pilates COVID-19 Guidance Plan
ARC Pilates is so excited to reopen in-person. We are very grateful to have you all being able to return and access our wonderful facility to use the Pilates equipment.
As we set to relaunch your safety, the safety of your family and mine are of the upmost important. We will be implementing several changes to increase our health and safety measures. Please ensure that you read this document carefully as there is a lot of information to review.
In creating this guidance plan, the following principles will be utilized:
- The safety and wellbeing of you and our families is the most important consideration.
- Relaunch plans include measures that reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and comply with current Chief Medical Officer of Health (CMOH) Orders.
- We have unique and appropriate relaunch plans that are based on the characteristics of ARC Pilates’ setting and services.
- No single measure or action is effective in every situation and client. We will use multiple actions whenever possible.
- Relaunch plans will be scaled up or down depending on the evolving situation.
Please ensure you arrive for your session in appropriate attire. We ask that you do not change into your workout gear at ARC Pilates whenever possible.
Each workout session will be 45 minutes in length. 15 minutes of buffer time will be provided between sessions to allow for proper deep cleaning and disinfecting of the facility before the next client.
We will continue to adhere to our 24 hours cancellation policy. However, cancellation will be waived if you communicate symptoms of COVID 19 within the 24 hours cancellation timeline.
Any client who arrives to their session symptomatic will be turned away and the session will be charged at the full rate. Let’s keep the lines of communicate open and keep each other’s safety in mind.
At the beginning of each sessions you will be asked to complete your daily health/COVID 19 assessment.
Clients are asked to arrive no more than 5 minutes before their session. Once your session is over, please maintain physical distancing when exiting and returning to your vehicle.
All equipment and mats will be spaced at 2 metre distances inside the facility. Amy will remain two metres from you during your workout.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
We have done an intensive, deep clean prior to our reopening.
We are adopting an “always clean mindset”. We will ensure all high touch areas are wiped down and the floor will be cleaned thoroughly after any session.
Hand sanitizer (60% alcohol or higher) will be provided at our entry/exit point. If possible, you are encouraged to bring your own. You must sanitize your hands before entering the workout area.
Additional hand sanitization stations will also be placed around the studio for your use at any point in the session.
Our washroom is available for emergency purposes only. The washing sink is fully stocked with soap and paper towels for use. The washroom’s surfaces, sink and toilet will be cleaned regularly and the waste bin will be emptied at least daily.
Natural ventilation will be provided by opening our windows and doors (wherever possible) to increase air flow.
Hygiene and Respiratory Etiquette
No client exhibiting signs or symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed in the facility. The client will be asked to return home. Cleaning and disinfecting of all equipment and surfaces that may have come into contact with the symptomatic client will take place. Sessions may be suspended or temporarily cancelled depending on the circumstances.
Effective immediately, socks must be worn in the studio at all times. Toe Sox are the sock of choice and are available for purchase at the studio. Please talk to Amy.
- To minimize multiple use items, such as straps and handles, only one will be used by one customer then washed thoroughly. (What does that mean? You may have to take your straps with you to different pieces of equipment). **Also, we have, individual straps that are available for purchase.
- TheraBand’s, balls and loops will no longer be shared and are available for purchase. These items can be stored at home or in a plastic bag at ARC Pilates.
- You will now be guided by Amy for spring changes to maintain social distancing at all times.
- Some exercises may be modified as there is limited opportunity for hands on spotting. But please know that your safety is my priority.
Masks are highly recommended; and are considered safe in the practice of Pilates. Amy will be masked at all time. Each client is responsible for providing their own mask.
Thank you to all who return to our facility. Please do not feel pressure to return. Everyone needs to feel comfortable in their environment. Rest assured, we will continue to offer virtual sessions to our clients.
We welcome your feedback and any questions you may have. This is a living and breathing document that will be frequently revisited and updated to ensure we have the best plan possible to keep us safe and healthy.
Over the past three months, I have often thought about what Joseph Pilates would think or do in this time. I found myself not having to look any further than the only two books he published, Return to Life and Your Health. It is time for us all to return to life, whatever that feels like to each of us safely and it is time to ensure that our health is our priority.
We look forward to seeing you very soon!